Friday, June 29, 2012

July Newsletter for Relief Society

Welcome to Relief Society July 2012

"So the bad news is that family breakdown is causing a host of societal and economic ills. But the good news is that, like any cause and effect, those ills can be reversed if what is causing them is changed. Inequities are resolved by living correct principles and values. Brothers and sisters, the most important cause of our lifetime is our families. If we will devote ourselves to this cause, we will improve every other aspect of our lives and will become, as a people and as a church, an example and a beacon for all the peoples of the earth"—Elder M. Russell Ballard,   General Conference, Apr. 2012


Up Coming Events

4 – Pancakes & Parade

8 -  Pot Luck

24 – Pioneer Day

July Lesson Schedule

 1– Relief Society Presidency

8 – Doing Our Part to Share the Gospel P.135-146

15 –How to Share the Gospel Effectively P. 147-156

22 – Thanks Be to God, Elder Russell M. Nelson

29 – Combined w/ Priesthood

July Birthdays

1  –Megan Taylor               22 -  Wai Lin Weir

1 – Kathy Douglas              24 – Lenora Evans

4 – Kathy Harper                25 – Joan Parker

8 – Brandy Smith               26 – Charlotte Killian

11 – Marion Broussard     29 – Kimberly Goins   

14 - Joey Bass

20 – Patti Morris                30 – Linda Orr

22 – Minnie Ante               31 – Monica Downs

22 – Elaine Walton           


President Gordon B. Hinckley: “My dear friends of the Relief Society, whatever your circumstances, wherever you may live, may the windows of heaven be opened and blessings come down upon you. May you live with love for one another. May you reach down to lift up those whose burdens are heavy. May you bring light and beauty to the world” (“To the Women of the Church,” Liahona and Ensign, Nov. 2003, 115).


"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

No comments:

Post a Comment